Wednesday, October 08, 2008

So sad.......Milo killed our fish Spot yesterday.

We were both napping and he got up earlier than I did. He can be quite sneaky when he wants to be, and this time he wanted to play with the fish I think. So he pulled up his red chair (which is a retro-style higher chair with a footstool built in) and pulled it up to the counter where the fish tank was. Of course, I had left a small bottle of bubble solution out nearby (my counters have been a little cluttered as of late) and Milo poured it into the fish tank. I think he wanted to give the fish a bubble bath!!

When I woke up and came out into the living room, I saw him pouring bubble solution onto the floor. There was only a little bit, so I assumed that there hadn't been much in there in the first place. If I had known what Milo had done, I would have tried to rescue poor Spot.

Later Ben noticed the fish floating upside down, and we couldn't figure out why he had died. That is, until we poured the contents of the fish tank into the toilet and it got super sudsy!! It only took me a moment to figure out what had happened. I felt really bad that I had unknowingly let my son torture our fish to death. We will be getting a new fish, but will wait until after Christmas. I don't want to worry about getting someone to fish-sit while we visit family for the holidays.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Just letting you know that I am thinking about you today and that I hope everything will go well with the induction. Good Luck!! Let me know if you need anything. I am always good for a meal!